Before I left my cozy sea side piso for my holiday adventures, I crafted a list of things I want to focus on while living in Spain. I find making a list and putting it on my wall reminds me of what I want to do rather than just let the ideas spin in my head. And now sharing with everyone, I feel even more motivated! I know the time will fly by, especially since my last day of work is May 31. Wow. It’s the middle of January already.
My attitude has changed already since arriving in Spain. I’m speaking Spanish more, I’m feeling more confident (regardless of how bad my sentence structure/grammar is), I’m asking more questions and striking up conversation. I’m going for it because I have nothing to lose. Only to gain.The best place to be in life. When your goals/needs excede anything else and you can only get further ahead.
- Speak Spanish everyday (and listen, read, or write in Spanish everyday)
- Make more Spanish friends
- Learn how to cook typical Spanish recipes by Spaniards (rather than self teaching from the internet)
- Try a new recipe once a week (in addition to learning how to cook Spanish food)
- Have a “dinner party” twice a month
- Read a novel in Spanish
- Teach private classes
- Take a Pilates, yoga or dance class, at minimum once a week (This week I went to my first Pilates class, ever!)
- Travel as much as possible within Spain
- Embrace the ups and downs of living abroad, learning a language, cultural differences etc.
- Enjoy the amount of free time I have and enjoy the simpler life style
- Seize every opportunity that comes my way
- Read- just for fun ( I love books but often they sit on my shelf rather than get between my hands)
What are your goals for this year? Resolutions?
If you’re living abroad, what are your goals ?
Leave a comment in the section below.